Happy Labor Day

I have somewhat mixed feelings about Labor Day.
It means the end of Summer... NOT good. It also means a three day weekend... Awesome!

Here are some photos from my Labor Day weekend. Charlie and I spent it with his sister and brother-in-law at their families ranch outside of Cedar City. What a lovely place. It was nice weather, lots of treats to eat and best of all, no cell phone service.



My bed.



Elk head, originally in the baby's crib next to my bed. I asked Charlie to move it.
Nothing worse than waking up to a ginormous Elk head stuck in a baby's crib right?



Here I am shooting my gun that Charlie bought me a couple years ago.
Okay, so it's a Bb gun but it still looks real.



Charlie shooting my gun.



Charlie trespassing on some other rancher's property.



Charlie shooting his .22



Charlie set up a shooting course for his sister, nieces and I to shoot at.
Here he is helping his sister shoot. Moral support.

We got home late Sunday night. I spent Monday with my family at the pool. I sat and relaxed a little more, swam with the kids and made Jean's girls wait on me. Thanks Jean for teaching them to take care of their aunties. Thanks Jodi and Bobby for having us.



The girls laughing at Jamie who did a beautiful and graceful dive in the pool.



Joanie is being so brave jumping in the deep end.



synchronized diving by the Melton's

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Did you shoot a squirrel>?
My dive is very graceful.

Jobi Niu said...

What a fun weekend for ya!! Mine sucked, I was so sick the whole time.. ugh.

Joy :) said...

Wow, loved the elks head the most! I would love to go shooting. I wish I coulda been at the bar-b-que! It looks like you had a great week end. Well, summer is now officially over!

jodi kay said...

That cabin retreat looked like a lot of fun! You needed a little get a way from your iphone that you can't put down! The bbq was a lot of fun. I wish you were there too Joy! Thanks for coming Jill!

jayni & ben said...

p.s I think you are sooo stinkin cute. And same with Charlie. Okay :D