Polar Express


Five years ago, I lived in California and worked at the MAC Counter out there. One day my manager decided to let me have the day after Christmas off. She knew I was alone for Thanksgiving and she wanted me to fly back to Utah and be with my family for Christmas.

BOY was I excited! I remember driving to the airport on Christmas Eve. I was sick with a cold. I parked in short term parking (it was the only parking left) and got on a plane to come home. Juli and Jamie picked me up from the airport and I got to stay at Mom's for Christmas. She took care of me cause I was sick and the day after Christmas my Dad asked me if I wanted to go see Polar Express in the theatre. I wasn't sure what it was about but I knew Fayth would enjoy it so, me, my Dad and Fayth went to see it.

Fayth was 6 years old, she stood the entire movie cause she was so excited. Then (for those of you who have seen it) at the end when the boy is trying so hard to hear the sound of the bell ringing and Santa asks "Do you believe?", Fayth yells..."I DO BELIEVE!" Dad laughed so hard he almost fell off his seat and he leaned over to give Fayth a hug.

I don't remember if I got much for Christmas that year or what I wore or much of anything besides how happy I was to be with my family just for two short days.

We have Polar Express at the house and I make Fayth watch it at least 2 or 3 times every Christmas Season. I love this movie, or maybe its just the memory of being with my family and especially my Dad on Christmas.

If you haven't seen it, buy it.
It's on sale for 5 bucks at Wal Mart.

7 comments:

jodi kay said...

Oh I love reading that! We started the season off by watching that movie a week or so ago. Did you know the Heber Train does a Polar Express train ride?

Joy :) said...

gosh dangit Jill, you did it again. that stupid lump and eyes watering came back. I swear I don't think I can read your blog anymore. We love that movie so much, we watch it all year long. Well, Kael does. Of course, when he puts that in, Kyle has to counter it with Elf.

jayni & ben said...

That is a cute little story. I got tears running down my face :] I love good memories like that. I need to go buy it.

Jamie said...

I can see Dad's face smiling at that movie, I have so many memories of him doing that to Fayth. I don't know why he always got such a kick outta her.
I miss him so much.

Anonymous said...

dear jill.. i love you, mom

jodi kay said...

I really want to know if mom really wrote that or if that was an imposter!!!

Jill said...

She loves me so much she just wanted everyone to know.