Home all week

This week I will be home the entire week. What a great feeling. I love my bed, my shower and my t.v. I may even get to hang out w some friends!

Saturday morning my nieces, Jamie and I painted faces at a fundraiser for the Battered Women's Shelter in Salt Lake. I produced a great bird, Jenna did a fantastic fish and Jessica did an okay rainbow. I think we could take our show on the road this Summer and make some money!

In the afternoon Charlie and I planted our vegetable garden. It was a great time. Charlie built me an additional box to plant this year so we will have twice the vegetables. I am certain that I have the largest vegetable garden of anyone in my condo's. I should win a prize for being so creative w my tine tiny back yard. (photos to come)

Sunday morning my niece Jayni finally had her baby boy. Even though he was three weeks early, It felt like Jayni has been pregnant for a year. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and is doing great. I can't wait to kiss his fat cheeks. His name is Thomas Ray. How adorable is that?


Highlight of my weekend?
When a boy in my primary class said..... "I have an announcement I'd like to make". I put him off for a few minutes until he just couldn't stand it. Then he practically yelled "I'm growing a mustache!!!" I tried my very hardest not to laugh at him. It was true. At 7 yrs old he had a little bit of a blond mustache. The girls in the class giggled and the other boys had to look for themselves. So great.


5 comments:

Sophia said...

I freaking love the mustache story! You have been teaching primary for a hundred years!

jodi kay said...

Hahaha...that mustache story is so hilarious! OH could Jayni's baby be any cuter?

emmy said...

I want to be best friends with any boy that can grow a mustache at age 7. He is going places. That rules.

Thomas Ray is a doll. He has so much hair! Tell her congratulations.

Ask Charlie if he will come build me some veggie boxes. Can I come see your little backyard?

Finally: your home!? Let's hang out. I'm calling you tomorrow.

xoxo

emmy said...

OH... and that family photo of yours is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Please tell me that is framed and hanging in your house.

The Melton's rule.

Joy :) said...

Ohhh, I love Jayni's baby! I love the mustache boy too! I am glad you're teaching primary. Kael would love you as a teacher.