Mr. and Mrs. Gray



This week I stayed at the Graylyn Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It was built in the late 1920's for Mr & Mrs. Gray. This was by far the coolest hotel I've ever visited. So rich with history and the most amazing furniture & art. Not to mention, everyone had a Southern accent so I felt like I stepped back in the 1920's.

I worked at Wake Forest University while in Winston-Salem but when I wasn't working I would walk around the property taking pictures. I was snapping photos of a dining room and a waiter from the restaurant noticed me. I saw him step into the room and then he asked if I would like "some history" of the mansion. Are you kidding? I love that stuff. So sure enough, he took me on a tour of the entire place and humored me with all sorts of history and fun stories.

Here are some of the photos.


Mr. & Mrs. Gray









3 comments:

jodi kay said...

That looks so amazing! How lucky are you to able to go to all these fabulous places I only dream of going to...

Sophia said...

How come you are always going cool places? No fair! But also happy for you cause you are great.

emmy said...

Who are these hipsters, Mr and Mrs Gray? I want to hang out here. Ryan and I need to get portraits like that to hang in our house don't you think?

Come hang out with me and tell me all the stories... Maybe this Saturday morning? I just got back for Arizona. No... I look just as pale.