I always feel bad when people ask me if I like to read. Most of the time, I lie and say "yes" but I soon realized that the next thing out of their mouth was "what are you reading now?" Well.... the truth is I don't really care for reading. I get bored with words on a page. I would much rather look at photos or even better, watch a documentary.
A few nights ago, I watched 'Born into Brothels', about children whose mothers are prostitutes in India. A photographer from New York travels to India and teaches these children how to use a camera. I didn't think I would be able to watch the whole show because it shows children suffering, which is sometimes too much for my heart to bear. However, you realize that these kids actually have hope. It's unbelievable to think that someone is literally born into hell on earth and they still smile, laugh, play and have hope.
I no longer feel bad for not being an avid reader. I decided I'm fine with watching a good book instead of reading one.
A few nights ago, I watched 'Born into Brothels', about children whose mothers are prostitutes in India. A photographer from New York travels to India and teaches these children how to use a camera. I didn't think I would be able to watch the whole show because it shows children suffering, which is sometimes too much for my heart to bear. However, you realize that these kids actually have hope. It's unbelievable to think that someone is literally born into hell on earth and they still smile, laugh, play and have hope.
I no longer feel bad for not being an avid reader. I decided I'm fine with watching a good book instead of reading one.
2 comments:
Sounds like a good plan!
I agree with Joy. That looks interesting!
Post a Comment