So recently I was in a Girls Camp meeting. I am one of 6 ladies that are in charge of a camp this summer. We had our first meeting and everyone went around the room and introduced themselves. This is how it went.
"Hi my name is Ashlee, my husband is Jared, we have a 2 yr old daughter who keeps us very busy and we've lived here for two years."
"Hi my name is Whitney, my husband is Tom and we have 3 children. I have lived here for 6 years."
"Hi my name is Wendy, my husband and I have 6 children, 4 girls and 2 boys. I live just across the street and I've lived there for 8 years."
wow... this went on and on. I was last. I got a bit nervous cause I knew that my face said it all. What the hell? Who introduces themselves like this? Where am I? Stepford wives?
When I awoke from my extreme boredom, I said... "Um... My name is Jill, I don't have any kids and I am not married. Um.... I have 56 nieces and nephews." Everyone gasped. I smiled and said. "That's it."
7 comments:
HA!! Jill you are going to girls camp? Those lucky young women, you are going to be so fun!
Ahhh, this story is why I love you.
Hello, my name is Emily. I have a crush on conan o'brien. I drink diet coke as if my body cannot function without it. I have a sister who is addicted to animal drama shows and a brother who never remembers to call me or acknowledge me on my birthday...
People never give the good details. Who cares how many kids they have.
And for the record. I read your blog. Does anyone else matter?
Take fayth with you, she will keep you busy.
Ahahaha i loved this. I read your blog!
enough said....
Israel just saw this picture and said "mama, look her." I said yep jill. He said, "yeah, jill's house?" He wants to come to your house now. He's supposed to be in bed!!
P.s this is not Lexi. It's me Jodi. I'm too lazy to sign in on my account.
I agree... what the hell?? Is that what defines them??
Post a Comment