The company I work for puts on a Users Symposium each year. Every year it is in a different city. They choose cities that have history and less of a "party" scene. This year we went to Savannah, Georgia. It was so so lovely. It was my very first time to the real "South".
We arrived Saturday and had a lovely dinner at the very famous Paula Deen's restaurant called Lady and Sons. It was REAL Southern cooking.
Sunday morning I woke up and took a stroll around the city. I took out my camera to take photos and realized my batteries had died. It took me two days to get down to the gift shop (when they were open) and buy more batteries so these are the only photos I have. Although this trip was for work, I had the time of my life in Savannah. I think I was supposed to be born in the South and wear a dress and floppy hat every day.
Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie (hand made) This picture is when I was done eating. No lie!
By the time I got my dinner, I was full from the salad (oops!).
The crew at dinner.
Cool church view from the pool.
The city
Awards Banquet. Me, Ben and Andi from Chicago. Fun night.
Savannah River Cruise
After dinner on the cruise I headed to the back of the boat and watched the sunset.
My friend Don from Ohio. He takes care of me on these trips. (former Mr. World Body Builder)
Fort Pulaski from the Civil War
Headed back into Savannah at the end of the cruise.
4 comments:
What?? You went to Savannah?
When.
Ok I missed you very much, I love those pictures! I want to go back in October when it's scarey there.
You look beautiful in your Southern Gown ball dress.
That looks so amazing there! I don't like it when you leave though. Why do you have to look so beautiful!
Oh my those pics are awesome. You look so very pretty. Glad oyu mad eit back safe
I love it! I am so going to Savannah! You look Beautiful, just like a southern belle!!!
Post a Comment