Every Sunday that it is possible I visit my Dad's grave after church. About once a month Jamie and I go together. Yesterday, she brought my Mom, Fayth and Puppy along as well. We were there for a bit and Jodi and Rob came with their kids too. It was a beautiful day, sunny yet a tad bit windy to keep it cool enough. People may have thought us a weird family to bring a blanket and have a picnic at the cemetery but that's what we did. Dad would have loved it.
A couple years ago they had a sale at the cemetery, maybe creepy but it's true. Buy one, get one free. So four or five of us kids bought our plots. Jamie and I both bought one, and yes, we made sure they were next to each other.
I love you Daddy, I can't wait to have more picnics with you in Heaven. I hope Puppy makes it to Heaven too so you can meet him. Today he was real bad and ran away from me for about 20 minutes. Besides that he is a real good puppy and I know you would love him.
Our final resting place.
5 comments:
Ohhh, I love all the pictures. I wish I was there....to see you in your final resting place.
Yours isn't too far from us Joy. Just on the other side of Jillie.
Thanks Jill for posting this beautiful day. Sunday was a gorgeous day:)
I love you too Daddy.
absolutely wonderful!!! I love the pics. You guys are awesome. thanks for visiting the cemetary so much. Wish I was closer and could visit there with you. love you
Oh so cute! I wish we would have gotten plots. And I am going to steal that picture of my boys. Love you daddy!
Awww. that's so sweet! I bet Grandpa would have loved it! CUTE PICS. I have some GORGEOUS AUNTS! :]
Post a Comment