I received a good quote from my friend Kimi this weekend. I got this quote on Friday and I honestly think it made for a better weekend.
"We convince ourselves that life will be better once we are married, have a baby, then another. Then we get frustrated because our children are not old enough, and that all will be well when they are older. Then we are frustrated because they reach adolescence and we must deal with them. Surely we’ll be happier when they grow out of the teen years. We tell ourselves our life will be better when our spouse gets his/her act together, when we have a nicer car, when we can take a vacation, when we finally retire. The truth is that there is no better time to be happy than right now. If not, then when? Your life will always be full of challenges. It is better to admit as much and to decide to be happy in spite of it all."
Friday night Charlie painted my room for my birthday.
BORING white walls.
(I'll post the after pictures later)
This is puppy mid cut.
OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW
Except for the fact that EVERY hippie girl there wanted Charlie and the drunken hippies that were crazy dancing and not realizing they were throwing beer on people, we had a great time!
Pretty Elle made buck teeth out of the Starburst candy Charlie gave her.
Charlie receiving a phone call from his Dad telling him he won the Silver medal at the Utah Senior Olympics! Yay Paul!
We ended our weekend with a lovely Sunday dinner and a fun movie.
Here is a family of deer by the farm. They made me happy. There were three of them.
5 comments:
That's so true! All of it. Love the deer. We have so many, I almost hit 3 of them.
Maybe nothing is really good enough for me... maybe it never will be.
Oh well.
I like your blog Jill and I am glad you update it, I hate when people do not update their blogs for one hundred years. I want to see your newly painted room!
I can't wait to see what color your new room is. I love your post :)
I really like that quote! I feel like I get caught up in life so much that I need to take time to realize the now and enjoy it! I'm glad you had a good weekend. I want to come see your room and puppy. So many changes! Congrats Paul!
Post a Comment