Today is my sister Joy's birthday.
Since she stopped aging around 33 years old, I am going to write 33 things that I know and love about Joy.
I know this is copying both Jayni and Jobi but I don't think they mind.
1. She has really curly hair
2. I loved her white Ford Escort she drove us around in
3. When I was younger and she got a job at the bank, I totally wanted to be like her
4. I thought David was really cute and was happy she married him
5. Her kids all start with 'K' but I don't know the real reason behind it
6. She completed one semester of high school in Orem, Utah
(the only other Melton besides Jodi, Jamie and I to go to high school in Utah)
7. She has a really loud laugh
8. She is a mama bear and is very protective of her family
9. She is my only sister still living in California
10. She is really good at cutting and styling hair
11. She is in the middle of all us sisters
12. She looks just like Jodi
13. She loves steak and Japanese food
14. She drives an hour to go anywhere from her house
15. She lived in a neighborhood w a pool when she was pregnant w/ Kenyan and she picked us up all the time to come swim.
16. She likes to do fun make-up
17. She has lots of friends that LOVE her
18. I liked that she was older than Joel and Jason and she would sometimes boss them around
19. Her baby Kael should have been my baby
20. She raised very smart children
21. She loves her husband and his profession.
22. She is smart, funny and very giving
23. She was in a dance festival and the front of the newspaper in 1985
24. She is a good care taker of her parents
25. She used to be obsessed with Richard Marx
26. She went to Hair School in East Los Angeles
(there ain't a rougher part of town in all of California)
27. She weighed 8lbs at birth (my Mom's second smallest baby girl)
28. She is very good at whatever church calling she receives
29. At six months she played peek a boo, at eight months she waved bye bye and said 'Da Da'
30. She cries at sweet commercials, Oprah and Josh Grobin
31. She loves Cafe Rio and Rumbi salads
32. She is the BEST Mom an autistic boy could ever want
33. My Dad always called her "my little bundle of Joy"
Love YOU!
7 comments:
Awww dang, That made me laugh and cry and the same time. Now I want some hot choc and rumbi's with you guys. I am moving out there right now. That was so nice. I didn't know you knew me so well. Thanks, I love you guys so much.
Awww! How cute! Of course we don't care.. :] That was so cute. I just love Joy. The other day Iwas like Mom why am I not named after anyone.. she said I am.. Joy LYNN... I was like oh.. I dodn't know that! Cool. :] HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY
Ohhh cute! I remember all of those same things ditto...
Happy Birthday Joysie!
I don't like to have to cry all the time. That was so cute! Can I ditto even though Jamie did? I remember when Joy would wake me up when it was still dark outside when she was going to hair school and I had to braid her hair with my eyes closed cause I was so tired. I only did it cause I loved her! Happy Birthday Joy. Next birthday we are getting together for sure!! Miss you tons!
i don't even know that many things about my mom, but now i do. that was a cute post. happy birthday, againnn mom!
Jill thanks for posting such an awesome tribute to Joy. I love my family!Thanks for letting me be your sister.
What a sweeetie u are. That was nice. She is closer to 35 so I addded 2 more things.
34. She married the cooolest guy in the world.
35. She comes from a very nice family who loves her very much.
Post a Comment