My Inspiration

Today is my sweet sweet Mother's Birthday. She is a young 76! My mother had Jamie and I when she was 43 years old! (That means I still have hope)

I love my dear sweet Mother so very much. She is truly my inspiration. I can name about 100 times that I did not deserve the love and mercy she has shown me, but she did it anyway.

Mom, I hope today you know and feel just how many people look up to you, love you, admire your courage & strength and look to you for answers. I hope one day to be half the woman you are. The sun rises and sets with you!



Here are a few reasons she is so great!

She had 13 children in 16 years
She had twins at 43 without any medication (not by her choice but still...)
She has curly hair and has never worn it past her shoulders
She never leaves the house without lipstick and saying "How does my hair look?"
She has a great sense of humor
She never feels sorry for herself
She smiles at everyone just in case she may know them
She loved taking us to the beach on the weekends
She packed our lunches for all of school
She still asks "Are you hungry?" when I visit her
She was a "Daddy's girl"
She only has brothers and therefore doesn't understand when sisters argue
She married the most handsome man in all of California
She took care of her Mother when she got sick
She hosted the best parties in California
She helps the needy and the poor
She makes friends with everyone in line at the grocery store
She makes sure to stop you if you have a cute kid
She makes sure everyone feels loved
She snapped her fingers when she needed us to be quiet and 6 or 7 rowdy kids would shut up
She loves to share her stories and experiences
She loves to teach and speak to groups
She was mother of the year in California
She volunteered in many different groups while raising her children
She loves her grandchildren
She knows about any sort of sickness a kid can get and tells you how to fix it
She had a snack waiting for us every day after school
She never had to work so she could stay home with her kids
She helped everyone with their school assignments
She played the piano and made us dance to get our energy out
She held Family Night every single Monday night
She made us go to every sort of Summer Camp available so we would not sit home
She made us try new sports, foods and activities
She sewed our Cheerleading uniforms the night before our competition
She drove us to the Dentist, Doctor, Church, Friends, Schools, etc.
She loves the gospel
She loves the Savior

7 comments:

Jamie said...

It's all very true. Love u mommy!!!

Jobi Niu said...

Awww.. What a sweet post!! I loved it.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!

Sophia said...

I think your mom is adorable in every way and this post makes me think she is even better.

kimimcevoy said...

Thanks for sharing your momma too!! She is amazing and has wonderful children!! I love when she shared her testimony with me about the savior!! she radiates the spirit!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE
love you

n said...

I haven't met your mom and I have decided that I need to! What a great tribute!!

Joy :) said...

I can't believe I didn't see this. I am a bad daughter and sister. I love you Mom. She is the inspiration of my life.

jodi kay said...

I am so bad! I really regret not getting on blogs for this exact reason! Sorry mama! I really do love you and know you had a great birthday! Thanks for posting such a great post Jill!