Mother's Day weekend



Happy Mothers Day Mom!

My favorite memories of my Mom...

When I was 11 years old, I found out I had scoliosis. The doctors put me in a back brace that was like a prison, I had to wear it 20 hours a day. It was awful. I went to all sort of treatments centers where they had me swim, do physical therapy, muscle shock therapy, take 4 hour MRI's, do more and more x-rays, etc. The doctors were trying to get my back to stop growing crooked, I now appreciate all their effort but each night I would go to bed with my back aching and tingling from the therapy. My sweet Mom would sit on my bed and rub my back and legs until I feel asleep. I swear she did this for years and years until I finally moved out. I can't imagine how tired she was while she would sit with me at night but she never complained.

After moving out as an adult, I would come home to visit and my Mother would have a plate of food ready for me. She would have a glass of cold Apple juice (my favorite drink) in the fridge and pull it out when I got there. How did she know I was hungry?

The doctors told my Mom that I would need special clothing to fit under and over my back brace comfortably. My Mom took me shopping that very night (I still remember where) and bought me all new clothes so I would feel comfortable in my brace.

My Mom would remind us to take ibuprofen before our Orthodontic appointments (cause we would complain so much afterward). She would pick us up from school to go to our appt. and would have ibuprofen, a cold drink and a snack in case our teeth hurt too bad to eat after.

My Mom let my sisters and I ride our bikes all over the city we grew up in. We had the best summers of anyone I know. Once, I rode my bike to a garage sale a couple blocks away. I was making my own money at a weekend job and I started buying my own clothes. I found the cutest outfit in the entire world at this garage sale. I did not have the money to buy it and I knew it wasn't something I needed so I couldn't ask my Mom for the money. I went home and told my Mom about it. She saw how excited I was and she got right in the car and said, "Let's go get it!". She has no idea how much that small act meant to me.

These are only a few memories, I have 100's more just like them. I want my Mom to know how much I love her.

Thanks for all you do MOM!

6 comments:

Sophia said...

I love any story about anyone's mom. This is a particularly good one. I love it.

Joy :) said...

Love it all! Love my mom to death! Love the life she and dad gave us!

emmy said...

Who cannot love your mom! She is the sweetest thing on earth. I love that we are quasi back twins. I hope you had a good weekend, sad we couldn't hang out. Let's try for when I am back in town. Give your mom a hug for me.

jodi kay said...

Lucky...I wish I had a mom like that! Oh wait I do! I love our mama so much! We were very lucky to have her as our mother. Both of our parents for that matter!

Sophia said...

I LOVE your new header!

Jamie said...

What outfit did you buy at the garage sale? I don't remember that at all?
LOvE the visit to North Carolina, wish I was there with you.
But the stories might have scared me, I'm a sensitve girl.
Love you