About 15 years ago, I thought that a flower tattoo around my ankle would be so freakin rad. I went to the tattoo shop, took about 10 minutes to pick out some flowers and sat down in the chair. Within an hour I had a band of flowers permanently tattooed around my left ankle.
About 2 years after I got it, I started not to like it.
1 year after that, I hated it.
For the last 10 years I have wanted it removed.
For some reason, when you have a tattoo that is visible, random strangers feel the need to tell you about and show you their tattoos.
Guess what??
I don't care that you got your baby boy's name across your big fat sweaty stretch-marked chest. I don't care that your favorite aunt died and she really liked roses so you got a rose on your ankle. I don't care that dolphins are your favorite animal and that's why you got one on your gross hairy lower back. I don't want to hear how you love your tattoo artist sooooo much and you would never go anywhere but there cause they are the best. I really don't care. The truth is you're probably really lame and you thought getting a tattoo would somehow make you cool.
After years of white trash strangers coming up to me in airports, restrooms or pretty much anywhere, I'm over it!
For years I have wanted my ankle tattoo removed, but couldn't afford it. Finally, last year I started the process. I had my first laser treatment last November. One year and 7 treatments later, the doctor thinks I am probably finished. (The ink dissipates into the skin very slowly so I'll know in about 4 months if I need to go back)
Here are some photos of my last treatment. I have gotten to know the people at the office pretty well over the last year. They are all sweethearts to me. I dedicate this post to the Gateway Laser Team and thank them for taking good care of me and laughing at all my jokes. (They had a "filler" party the night before my appointment and asked me not to show their faces due to bruising)
This post is also dedicated to anyone in my life who is thinking about getting a tattoo. Remember, its super expensive and really painful if you decide you do not like it.
Looks so lovely from the outside
My ankle was getting prepared
I receive over 20 shots with a 1 inch needle that is prodded around inside my skin to ensure full numbness
About 2 years after I got it, I started not to like it.
1 year after that, I hated it.
For the last 10 years I have wanted it removed.
For some reason, when you have a tattoo that is visible, random strangers feel the need to tell you about and show you their tattoos.
Guess what??
I don't care that you got your baby boy's name across your big fat sweaty stretch-marked chest. I don't care that your favorite aunt died and she really liked roses so you got a rose on your ankle. I don't care that dolphins are your favorite animal and that's why you got one on your gross hairy lower back. I don't want to hear how you love your tattoo artist sooooo much and you would never go anywhere but there cause they are the best. I really don't care. The truth is you're probably really lame and you thought getting a tattoo would somehow make you cool.
After years of white trash strangers coming up to me in airports, restrooms or pretty much anywhere, I'm over it!
For years I have wanted my ankle tattoo removed, but couldn't afford it. Finally, last year I started the process. I had my first laser treatment last November. One year and 7 treatments later, the doctor thinks I am probably finished. (The ink dissipates into the skin very slowly so I'll know in about 4 months if I need to go back)
Here are some photos of my last treatment. I have gotten to know the people at the office pretty well over the last year. They are all sweethearts to me. I dedicate this post to the Gateway Laser Team and thank them for taking good care of me and laughing at all my jokes. (They had a "filler" party the night before my appointment and asked me not to show their faces due to bruising)
This post is also dedicated to anyone in my life who is thinking about getting a tattoo. Remember, its super expensive and really painful if you decide you do not like it.
My ankle after the shots
(we all wear goggles to protect our eyeballs)
The laser finds the ink (cause of its darkness) and heats it up until it burns it off. My favorite part about the treatment is the smell of my own burning flesh.
The morning after, I have a mixture of ink and blood to clean up.
Sorry, but I feel the need to show you exactly what I have to go through. It's for educational purposes.
8 comments:
K.... OUCH!!! UGH... I like that saying.. "think before you ink" so clever! :]
ummmm you've gone through that 7 times.... i know how you feel because i had that done once to remove a tiny tattoo and it FRICKIN hurt.
I'll always take care of your bloody ankle....goodbye hibiscus flowers:( you were nice to look at.
That is sick and looks like it hurts you poor thing. Hopefully someone is taking good care of you. You need to go speak to schools and show them your pictures and tell them your story. hahaha Love you :)
I don't know why my eyes are watering, but they are. It was very cool of you to put that up on your blog. I hope a lot of people see this.
That is so painful looking. It makes my tummy go 246! You've got some sexy looking ankles now!
If you soak your ankle in some bar-b-que sauce I bet it would smell mmmmmm good next time. try it.
wow! I had no idea. I am going to show that to my kids. Maybe that will get the idea out of their minds before it enters. love you chick!!
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I guess my "i heart Gary Busey" tat will wait another year.
Post a Comment