I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy

This past weekend was a blast! It started on Friday with a day trip to Vegas with my best friend Elle for her birthday. Our goal was to shop until we dropped. I must say... we did just that. I was exhausted when we got home Friday night. What a great day though, good food, great shopping and lots of laughs.

(Our breakfast/planning meeting. Which stores first?)

Saturday I woke at the crack of dawn to meet Jamie and some family at the West Jordan parade. Got sunburnt, but what can I say... I love me a parade. We spent some time at the water park later and ended with a bbq at Jodi & Rob's and a magnificent firework show at Riverton City Park.

(This is when the sun burn started)

(Fayth high-fiving the Little Ceasar's mascot)

(Charlie lighting sparklers for the kids, Izzy was watching)

Sunday was a bit more mellow. I got to sleep in and go to church where we got to sing patriotic hymns. Sunday night, Charlie and I visited his sisters house for some treats and fireworks.

(Charlie, Skyler and London getting ready for the fireworks)

(Alan with a gas can... normal fireworks aren't enough?)

Monday I woke at 5:45 am to head to the Provo parade. I almost froze to death but other than that it was a great parade! We had another bbq, this time at Charlie's Dads house.

(Janelle in the Provo parade)

(Baby Ace drinking from the hose, cutest thing ever)

I'm not going to lie that I wasn't absolutely exhausted come Monday night but it was totally worth it. I love Summer!

3 comments:

jodi kay said...

What a great weekend! Don't you just love this time of year! I am just really hoping you can make a guest/surprise appearance to our camping trip in a few weeks. It just won't be the same without you guys!

Joy :) said...

Woo-hoo! Who doesn't love a parade? I LOVE summer! Can't wait to see everyone. And yes, she needs a job, help, please.

Jamie said...

I miss my baby Ace:(. Why can't I play with him?!