Weekend after Thanksgiving

My 2010 Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful!

I got to go to the movies Thanksgiving Eve with 48 of my closest family members.
(A great family Thanksgiving tradition, I must add)

Then I spent Thanksgiving Day with Charlie and his mother and her husband. Lovely! Charlie and I hit the Wal Mart black Friday specials at midnight on Thanksgiving. It was his first time, I showed him the ropes and he hated every minute of it. He told me it wasn't "our style" to push and shove our way through the crowds.

Degrees on the way to Annabella for Thanksgiving

Saturday I got to visit my dear friend Em and her brand new baby Max. ADORABLE! Saturday night I spent the night with my family playing games at my sweet little sister Jean's house. sO mUCh fUn!

Sunday I flew out....well, got stuck at the airport for 6 extra hours then flew out to Austin. It is by far one of my favorite cities to visit. The restaurants here are TO DIE FOR. The shopping, music on every street corner, art.... the list goes on and on. Anyway, I'm here until Thursday night and even though it is hard work, it's always better when you like the city.

Such a freakin long day at the airport

I tried the "fried pickles" for the first time. It was INSTANT love.

My chips and salsa were good enough to be my dinner.

Kid that made my chocolate milkshake at the famous "Amy's Ice Cream" He was singing to Prince's "When Doves Cry" as loud as he could. He also had braces.

"Ranch 616" restaurant. One of the top 3 restaurants I have visited in 2010. Yes, that's a light up bull cow above the bar.

Next week I get my tonsils out. I'm scared but so excited to not have a constant sore throat. Pray for me. Pray for Charlie, cause he'll be taking care of me.

This is Jill.

1 comment:

jodi kay said...

I can't believe it was that cold down there! I'm so glad you introduced Charlie to the shopping fun! Poor guy. He's way too nice for that.